The cost of a glass door in India can vary depending on various factors such as size, type of glass, design, and quality. Typically, glass doors in India can range from a few thousand rupees to several tens of thousands of rupees.
For more information, read on
Glass doors are an essential element of modern architecture, adding elegance and functionality to residential and commercial spaces. When it comes to the cost of a glass door in India, it can vary significantly based on various factors such as size, type of glass, design, and quality. Let’s delve deeper into this subject to understand the intricacies and explore interesting facts.
Factors influencing the cost:
- Size: The size of a glass door plays a crucial role in determining its cost. Larger doors require more materials and labor, resulting in a higher price tag compared to smaller ones.
- Type of glass: Different types of glass are available for doors, each with its own characteristics and price range. For instance, clear glass is commonly used and tends to be more affordable compared to textured or frosted glass, which can be pricier due to the additional manufacturing processes involved.
- Design: The design complexity of a glass door can impact its cost. Intricate patterns, etchings, or customized designs may require specialized craftsmanship, thereby increasing the overall price.
- Quality: The quality of glass used in the door, as well as the hardware and fittings, can significantly affect the cost. Opting for higher quality materials and components will result in a more durable and aesthetically pleasing glass door, albeit at a higher cost.
Considering these factors, the cost of glass doors in India commonly ranges from a few thousand rupees to several tens of thousands of rupees. It is important to note that these prices are estimates and can vary depending on the specific requirements and resource availability in different regions across the country.
- Glass doors have been used since ancient times. In fact, remnants of glass doors have been discovered in ancient Egyptian and Roman civilizations, highlighting their long-standing presence in architectural history.
- The thickness of glass used in doors can vary according to the intended purpose and location. Thicker glass provides enhanced durability and insulation, while thinner glass is suitable for interior doors where transparency is a priority.
- Glass doors offer benefits beyond aesthetics. They allow natural light to penetrate rooms, reducing the need for artificial lighting, and providing a visual connection between different spaces.
- Glass used in doors today is typically safety glass, such as tempered or laminated glass, which is designed to minimize the risk of injury in case of breakage. These types of glass undergo specialized manufacturing processes to enhance their strength and safety features.
“The push and pull of design is finding resolution between product, function, and aesthetics.” – Stephen Burks
Below is a table showcasing the approximate cost range of glass doors in India based on different factors:
|Size||Type of Glass||Design Complexity||Quality||Cost Range (INR)|
|Small||Clear||Simple||Standard||3,000 – 8,000|
|Medium||Frosted||Moderate||Premium||8,000 – 20,000|
|Large||Textured||Complex||High-end||20,000 – 50,000|
Please note that the prices mentioned in the table are approximate and are subject to change based on various factors and market conditions.
Watch related video
Online, I discovered more solutions
Rs. 220-2000 per square feet
A sliding glass door requires very less maintenance and gives the appearance it promises to give at a very reasonable cost of around Rs. 220-2000 per square feet.
More interesting on the topic
|Open Style||Min Price||Max Price|
|Hinged||Rs 6500/Piece||Rs 18000/Piece|
|Hinged||Rs 132/Square Feet||Rs 850/Square Feet|
|Sliding||Rs 200/Square Feet||Rs 1500/Square Feet|
|Swing||Rs 130/Square Feet||Rs 850/Square Feet|
|Sliding Door Type||Min Price||Max Price|
|Closet Doors||Rs 850/Square Feet||Rs 1200/Square Feet|
|Partition Doors||Rs 160/Square Feet||Rs 450/Square Feet|
|Product Name||Price in INR|
|Frosted Glass Swing Office Entrance Glass Door||18000.00 / Piece|
|Frosted Glass Bathroom Door||225.00 / Square Feet|
|Decorative Frosted Glass, Size: 7×3 feet, Thickness: 4 to 6 mm||100.00 / Square Feet|
|Frosted Toughened Glass, Shape: Flat||140.00 / Square Feet|